Tuesday 24 September 2013

What's Your Story? Feedback

What's Your Story? 

As you know, we are launching two new What's Your Story? workshops this month. 
We thought it was important for you to hear from someone who has taken part in the course...

"Attending the What’s My Story project gave me the incentive to attempt something I’d always wanted to do – write.  Active and constructive criticism from tutors, Paula and Colin along with course peer members’ supportive feedback inspired me to challenge myself to start writing a novel I’d always carried in my heart and wanted to put into words – my parents’ life story.
Having started the novel and completed half a dozen chapters, I wanted to learn more about creative writing and with this in mind I applied for a place on the MA Writing course at Liverpool John Moore’s University. I was delighted to be offered a place and am looking forward to starting it in October.  For me, writing involves one part experience, one part research and one part imagination and if I can improve my writing skills by using these to their utmost degree I may be able to attain my ambition to finish my novel and be able to take pride in completing a novel about which readers will say captured their interest so much so that they couldn’t wait to see what happened next and didn’t want to put it down. Then I will be satisfied that I have completed my goal."
Anne Pritchard

Anne's story is published in our What's Your Story? book and is available on kindle. At the celebration event at the Town Hall Anne was awarded a copy of the book and a certificate by Lord Mayor, Gary Millar. 




No comments:

Post a Comment