Saturday 27 December 2014

Favourite WoW Moments in 2014

Chanel Scott-Jeffers:
Assistant Festival Coordinator

"I really enjoyed my first experience of coordinating WoWfest 2014, it was great to see first-hand how such an amazing programme of events developed and came to life from a few ideas on a page. I especially enjoyed the poetry night with Phill Jupitus, he was just as how you would expect him to be, funny, friendly and (thankfully) very down to earth as he just mingled with the crowd before and after the event. At the end of the event, we enjoyed a feast that would feed the 5000 at New Capital Restaurant in Chinatown as I quizzed him about every aspect of his life and got 100 photos to cement that beautiful, beautiful new friendship. I also really enjoyed coordinating Mental Health and Me which I've written about in the WoW Blog more thoroughly, but it was great to work on a project about a subject which hasn't been openly explored enough and which quite clearly meant a lot to those who entered."

Chanel, Madeline & LMHC meeting Ruby Wax for
the Mental Health and Me Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment