Monday 29 December 2014

Favourite WoW Moments in 2014

Rosa Murdoch:
Designer and Social Media Co-ordinator

"This year I have loved developing my design skills with Writing on the Wall. I have created leaflets, booklets, flyers and helped make 12 books (as well as cut out hundreds of doves). Publishing the books with WoW has been especially rewarding, I love that we are printing peoples stories and making their words come alive. Seeing the reactions and gratitude once they've got a physical copy of the book in their hand is something quite special. A highlight for me was the positive response I got to my artwork for the Mental Health and Me competition and having all the Kinship Carer Nans squeeze the life out of me when they got the book that we had worked so hard together to make. Special thanks to Wesley Storey Photographer for being my Photoshop guru, I've learnt a ridiculous amount in the last year.

I have also loved being part of all these inspirational events and projects and of course the most incredible festival. A favourite moment for me, was the Irvine Welsh event and getting to read his book ‘Sex Lives of Siamese Twins’ before it came out. Oh, and dancing and singing with him to a David Bowie tribute act and discussing our favourite music."


No comments:

Post a Comment